PTC Web Desk: As the final extension of free Aadhaar updating service draws near, citizens are reminded to take advantage of this opportunity before the looming deadline of March 14. The government has extended this deadline multiple times, offering individuals a grace period to update their Aadhaar information without incurring any charges. It is strongly recommended for those who have not yet availed themselves of this service to do so promptly to avoid additional costs.
This initiative aligns with the government’s ongoing commitment to streamline administrative processes and empower citizens in managing their Aadhaar information more effectively. The move reflects a broader strategy to make essential services more accessible and user-friendly.
Key Information for Users
Free Aadhaar Update Deadline: March 14 (final extension)
Eligibility for Free Update: Open to anyone who has not updated their Aadhaar details
Details Eligible for Update: Demographic information such as name, address, and mobile number. (Biometric updates still require a visit to an Aadhaar centre).
Post-Deadline Charges: After March 14, a fee will be applicable for Aadhaar updates
Convenient Online Updating Process
Taking advantage of the remaining free updating period is simple and can be done online. Users can follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website: Go to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Enter Aadhaar Number: Input your Aadhaar number and the security code.
- OTP Verification: Click “Send OTP” and enter the code sent to your registered mobile number.
- Select Update Demographics Data: Choose the information you want to update, such as address or name.
- Provide Necessary Changes: Enter the required changes and upload any necessary documents.
- Review and Submit: Carefully review the details and submit your update request
Also Read | Pakistan elections 2024: Counting underway amidst violence | All you need to know
Also Read | Bhana Sidhu: FIR against social media influencers’s family members, Lakha Sidhana
Also Read | ‘Sexual assault’ case against hockey player: ‘It’s an attempt to extort money from me’, says Varun Kumar
Also Read | Meet Rajdeep Kaur, first Punjabi woman to drive fuel tanker in Italy!