‘Ahlan Modi’ event: Prime Minister Narendra Modi told the Indian diaspora at the ‘Ahlan Modi’ event in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday that he has come to meet his family members in the Gulf country, and that he has brought the fragrance of the soil from which they were born.
‘Ahlan Modi’ IN POINTS
- The Indian prime minister, speaking to the Indian diaspora at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, stated that he has brought the message of 140 crore brothers and sisters from the country where they (the Indian diaspora) were born and that India is proud of them; they are the pride of Bharat.
- The prime minister thanked UAE President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan for his warmth and hospitality, saying India-UAE relations have reached unprecedented heights and that both countries are partners in each other’s progress.
- The Indian prime minister went on to say, “It is my pleasure that the UAE has bestowed upon me the ‘Order of Zayed’, its highest civilian award. This honour is shared by crores of Indians. When I meet Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed, he praises all Indians. He appreciates your role in the development of UAE.”
- Speaking about a developed India by 2047, the prime minister stated, “Today, every Indian’s goal is to see India become a developed country by 2047. Which nation is experiencing rapid economic growth? Our India…What country has the world’s third-largest startup ecosystem? Our India. Which country made the first successful mission to Mars? Our India. Which country has reached the lunar south pole? Our India. Which country set the record for launching 100 satellites simultaneously? Our India. Which country developed 5G technology on its own and deployed it the fastest? “Our India.”
- “You are aware of the digital revolution in India. Digital India is admired around the world. We are working tirelessly to ensure that people in the UAE benefit from it as well. We shared a RuPay card pack with the UAE…UPI is about to launch in the UAE soon. This will allow for seamless payments between UAE and Indian accounts…,” PM Modi added.
- PM Modi announced that a new CBSE office in Dubai would open soon and that the IIT Delhi campus in the UAE had begun the Master’s programme in January. More than 1.5 lakh Indian students are enrolled in UAE schools, so these institutions will contribute to providing the best education possible to the country’s Indian community.
- The Indian prime minister went on to say, “Modi has promised that India will become the world’s third largest economy during his third term. Modi ki guarantee, pura hone ki guarantee.”
Punjab farmers heading to Delhi; borders sealed; Centre-farmer dialogue scheduled today
What are the key demands of farmers are still unresolved?
Delhi Airport issues advisory for passengers ahead of farmers’ protest on Feb 13
Farmers’ Delhi Chalo March: Tractor convoys gather, Punjab farmers to march to Delhi after no consensus on key demands